Sunday, 20 August 2017

Factory's history

Print PDF

Karolina was established in 1860 by German entrepreneur Traugott Silber under the name of Königszelt. He was joined later by August Rappsilber and Carl Hackmann.

From its very beginning the factory has started to produce high class porcelain that was shown already on the 1870 Fair in Wrocław.

On the 1873 Vienna International Exhibition it was awarded with a diploma.

 

 

After the World War II factory was taken over by Polish government and in 1954 renamed to Karolina

 

 

In 1993 Karolina has been privatized. Now shares are owned only by the current and ex factory employees.